23nd Annual Franklin Jazz Festival
Instruments and Gear
Buyer’s – Seller’s- Trader’s
Labor Day Weekend (Saturday & Sunday)
September 1st & 2nd, 2012
Music Marketplace 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
VIP early shoppers 9 a.m.
Jazz Festival Music begins at 4 p.m.
the Factory at Franklin
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin, TN
Jazz Festival Music – Liberty Hall Stage
Music Marketplace – Jamison Hall
Music Marketplace - $ 5
VIP early buyers - $10
Jazz Festival Music - $10 with Music Marketplace ticket
Jazz Festival Music - $15 without Music Marketplace ticket
Active Military & 12 and under Free
The 2012 Franklin Jazz Festival is the 23rd annual fall music festival and is produced by TN Events. The festival is one of the longest running jazz festivals as well as one of the top late summer events in the southeast. Its purposes are to showcase high quality musical entertainment, acquaint the public with the restored factory shopping area, and give the public a chance to attend the Music Marketplace to shop for new and used instruments and accessories.
After last year’s (and numerous other years) unrelenting heat and rain, the Franklin Jazz Festival is moving 1 mile away from the downtown square, indoors, back to the “Factory at Franklin”. The “Factory at Franklin” is a vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment complex located in Franklin, Tennessee and a member of the National Register of Historic Places. This facility has something for everyone! Shop at the boutiques, search for antiques, browse the art galleries and eat at one of the restaurants. The ”Factory at Franklin” is quickly becoming one of Williamson County's top event venues. The Franklin Jazz Festival main stage will be located in Liberty Hall, with art displayed and sold by this year’s nonprofit beneficiary, the Williamson County Cultural Arts Council, in the adjoining Heritage room.
New this year in Jamison Hall will be the “Music Marketplace”. In this area festival attendees will get a chance , along with buyer’s, seller’s and trader’s, to check out new and used music merchandise including – school band instruments, (multiple dealers will be on hand displaying instruments and working out special back to school deals) guitar’s, amps, drums, accessories, instrument repairmen, gear, & much more. This is also an excellent opportunity for the public to sell, swap, or trade, ANYTHING that’s music related in our “Community Market” area. This offers the consumer a great opportunity to clean out the closet and recycle that instrument while taking home some cash or bring a little cash and get a great deal on a used or new instrument for themselves or a beginning band student.
Booth and Information - Rules for Participation
1. Booth registrations are confirmed by receipt of this application/contract when accompanied by check, credit card or money order. (Space is limited, so first come first served.)
2. Booth cost is $250. These 10’ x 10’ spaces entitle you to 1 table, 2 chairs, a sign and 2 badges.
3. Extra tables may be ordered and paid with this form at $25.00 each.
4. Names of both booth workers must be submitted with application, and each person must produce identification at check-in
to obtain a badge. Badges must be worn at all times. Additional certified employees must pay $15.00 per day.
5. Only one firm or entity may occupy each booth. This includes casual instrument traders.
6. There will be a ten minute ban instrument tryouts every hour on the hour. Noise levels will be monitored and controlled throughout the show.
7. No instrument sales or purchases will be allowed outside the venue, in the lobby, or in loading or parking areas from Friday night through Sunday.
8. All exhibits must be left in place through 5 p.m. Sunday except by management approval.
9. TN Events, nor the promoters, will assume responsibility for any theft, damage, accidents or deals that might occur during the course of the show.
10. Any non-exhibitor who distributes literature of any kind will be charged a $250 fee.
11. Vendors must furnish receipts with all sales and trades, without regard to size or value of items. Customers are required to
present these receipts to remove items from the hall.
12. Sales or display of illegal, unlicensed or “bootlegged” goods is expressly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to audio, video, printed and/or manufactured items.
13. Management may refuse a booth application for any reason.
14. Individuals are allowed to bring in instruments to shop for buyers at booths or leave for display and sale in the Music Marketplace.
15. Individuals are allowed to bring in only what they can carry. i.e. 2 guitars, 1 Tuba, 5 flutes, etc.
You leave it and you sell. Simply leave your phone number and price on the instrument. (We will have Tags to fill out) Interested buyers will call, and you can deal with them direct.
There is not a Service and Handling Charge.
NOTE: All instruments must be picked up by 7p.m. on Sunday, September 2nd. Any instruments left behind will be donated to the Williamson County Schools Music Department.
Franklin Jazz Festival – Music Marketplace 2012
September 1st & 2nd
TN Events / Zia Music Production, LLC
SIGN AND MAIL THIS APPLICATION WITH PAYMENT TO RESERVE YOUR BOOTH SPACE.
Company Name _______________ Booth Name ________________________
Contact Name _______________ Title __________________________
Mailing Address ____________ City ___________ State _____ Zip __________
Physical Address ___________ City ___________ State _____ Zip __________
Work Phone (______)______ Fax (______)_______ Home/Cell (______)_________
E-Mail ___________________ Website ________________________
List names of booth personnel: Office use - Booth Numbers:__________
Name _______________ Title __________ City ________________ Zip __________
Name _______________ Title __________ City ________________ Zip __________
I would like to lease ______ 10’ x 10’ booth(s) @ $250.00 each $__________
I would like to lease ______ extra tables @ $25.00 each $__________________
Please position my booth if possible near to the following exhibitor ______________
Terms and Conditions: Franklin Jazz Festival & TN Events reserves the right to refuse booths and/or passes to anyone for any reason. Only one exhibitor, firm, or entity may occupy each booth. No sales of musically related items by exhibitors, buyers, or public will be tolerated outside the hall, in the loading areas or in the lobby. Franklin Jazz Festival & TN Events accepts no responsibility for trades or deals made by anyone at or away from the show. Each buyer and/or exhibitor is fully responsible for city, state, and/or federal taxes, fees and/or fines incurred while participating in and/or attending this event. Each buyer and/or exhibitor can, at their own option and expense, provide their own property and liability insurance and are soley reponsible for their booth(s) and contents from load-in to load-out. Twenty-four hour security is for the facility is provided by TN Events. Neither TGS, Inc. nor its employees will be held responsible for any injury and/or accidents. No refunds after July 1st, 2012. This booth application/contract is not valid and will not be accepted without signature of the principal person in charge of leased booth(s).
Signature signifies agreement with above terms and conditions and completes credit card transaction if card is used.
Name on Card (Printed) ________________________________________
(MUST BE SIGNED)
Card # ________________________________________________ Security Code________ VISA M/C AMEX
Billing address for credit card ____________________________________ City____________________
Date mailed/faxed _______ / _______ / _______ Check #_____________ Cash $____________
RETURN THIS SIGNED APPLICATION/CONTRACT WITH PAYMENT & MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO:
Franklin Jazz Festival • P.O. Box 140835.• Nashville, TN 37214 • Fax 931-486-0136: Phone • 615-479-7751
2012 Marketplace Schedule
7 a.m. …………………………...Dealers admitted & Setup Begins
9 a.m. ….....................................VIP early buyers admitted
10 a.m. ………………………………….........General Public Admission
4 p.m. …... Franklin Jazz Festival music begins in Liberty Hall
5 p.m. ...........................................Music Market Hall Closes
10:30 a.m. ……………………………………….……….Dealers admitted
11:00am……..………………………..………VIP early buyers admitted
Noon ………………………………….………..…………General Admission
4 p.m. …….….Franklin Jazz Festival music begins in Liberty Hall
5 p.m. …….…………………………….Music Marketplace Hall Closes
7 p.m. ….……Deadline for pickup of Music Marketplace items